All players wishing to try out in the Oklahoma region must register with USAV ahead of any sanctioned club tryout. Some dates may be subject to change w/Region approval under extenuating circumstances, but changes aren’t expected.
2022 Tryout Dates
- Ages 10, 11, and 12 – Tryouts may begin on September 20th.
- Ages 13 & 14 – Tryouts may begin on October 4th.
- Ages 15-18 – Tryouts may begin on October 25th.
- Click here for tryout dates for clubs in the Tulsa Area and/or OKC area
2022 Signing Dates
- Ages 10-12 – Signings may begin no earlier than October 1.
- Ages 13-14 – Signings may begin no earlier than October 15.
- Ages 15-18 – Signings may begin no earlier than November 5.
Clubs, independent of the region’s USAV membership fee, set any tryout fee.
A Message to Players and Parents
OKRVA Statement Regarding Pressuring of Players – The region occasionally hears concerns from players/parents about players feeling pressured by coaches/clubs to sign by a certain date/time. Below is a series of statements to make clear the Region’s philosophy on this issue:
- It is the intent of the Oklahoma Region to encourage players to try out for more than one club if they choose.
- It is the Region’s intent that players are not pressured into a verbal commitment due to a coach/club establishing an unreasonable date/time for a decision.
- A decision to join a team/club is an individual decision that should be made by a parent/player alone free from club pressure. Gathering players together after a tryout, stating “this is their team” and asking for commitments should be considered pressuring.
- When a player receives an offer to commit, she/he needs to decide within a reasonable amount of time. Delaying a decision affects many other players who are also waiting for an offer to commit.
- Players/Parents should understand that teams/clubs need to know a player’s decision in a timely manner to move on to the next player.
- No player/parent should be asked to sign a contract before the regionapproved signing dates. Contracts are not binding until the signing date.
- If a player feels pressured into a decision before, they have gone to other clubs’ tryouts, she/he should contact the Region Commissioner at email@example.com or may complete the Contact Us information.