We are looking for members to sing the National Anthem at our Regional Championships. If you would like to volunteer, please contact us.
OKRVA Players, Coaches, and Families,
The OKRVA Regional Championships weekend will be at The Bennett Center and Pavilion at the OKC Fairgrounds on April 29-May 1st, 2022.
We will be utilizing 38 total courts. Courts 1-30 will be in the Bennett Center. Courts 31-38 will be in the Pavilion.
Outside chairs are not allowed in either the Bennett Center or Pavilion. PLEASE SHARE THE CHAIRS! When your team is not playing, please allow the spectators for the teams playing to use the courtside chairs. Please do not move chairs from one court to another.
Other than water/sports drinks for athletes, there is no outside food or drink allowed in either building.
Tickets are required for all spectators 15 and older. The link to purchase tickets is here:
ticket/e/1026128/2022-okrva- volleyball-oklahoma-city-okc- fairgrounds-oklahoma-city
There are one-day and two-day tickets available. All patrons who purchase tickets will receive wrist bands after their tickets are scanned. These wristbands will allow entry to either building. We HIGHLY RECOMMEND PRE-PURCHASING TICKETS. We have 300+ teams in the event and spectators who do not pre-purchase tickets should expect long lines to purchase them onsite.
The event schedule (as released) is posted here:
We have secured with the assistance of the OKC Convention and Visitor’s Bureau, a room block for teams wanting some hotel options. The link to the official room block can be found here.
- We are expecting a record number of teams at the event. Also, there are other events in the Oklahoma City area that weekend, so we recommend you book your room as soon as possible. There is a wide variety of brands and prices.
- Final schedule yet to be determined, but all divisions (excluding 10s and 18s) are expected to be a 2-day event. Still subject to change.
Tryouts for the OKRVA All Star Championship Teams will be held on Friday, April 29th at the Bennett Center. The tryout registration link for athletes is here.
National Scouting Report will be at the tournament to evaluate athletes and provide free volleyball metrics testing by NSR Volleyball Scout Staff. All athletes in the ‘22, ‘23, ‘24, ‘25, and ‘26 graduating classes can participate in this evaluation process. The link to register for the event is here: http://nsr-inc.
We will have a photography vendor (All About Now Photography) taking individual, team and action photos at the tournament. They will be set up near the champion desk. There is no charge to take pictures.
Please contact the region office if you have any questions.
|Shawn McCarty, Commissioner
Oklahoma Region Volleyball Association
(o) (405) 285-6622 | (f) (405)-285-0607 | firstname.lastname@example.org
18605 Alberto PL | Edmond, OK 73012 | http://okrva.com/
We are excited to host 307 teams at our Regional Championships this season. Please note the following:
- Please make sure all out of region, non-AES results are entered into AES no later than April 20th. Our rankings team is evaluating results for Bid Division seeding, but they only have access to results entered into AES. Any results submitted after April 20th will not be considered in the ranking of the tournament.
- The Club Division (non-bid) seedings will be based exclusively on AES National Rankings.
- Most (but not all) divisions will play on both Saturday and Sunday. Start time(s) for brackets on Sunday will vary. Pool play Saturday will be in waves, and our wave plan right now is as follows:
- Saturday AM Wave
- 12’s Bid
- 15’s Bid
- 15’s Club
- 16’s Bid
- 16’s Club
- 17’s Bid
- Saturday PM Wave
- 11’s Bid
- 12’s Club
- 13’s Bid
- 13’s Club
- 14’s Bid
- 14’s Club
- Boys 14’s (may start as early as 12pm)
- Boys 18’s
- Sunday Only
- 18’s Girls
- 10’s Girls
- Saturday AM Wave
- Team Check in will be Friday night beginning from 6pm – 9:30pm. Check-in will be in the main lobby of the Bennett Center. Teams are highly encouraged to check in Friday night. Team packets will include credentials for coaches, bag tags for athletes and rosters. All coaches will need credentials to enter the Bennett Center and Pavilion. Teams will need to sign rosters when they pick up their rosters.
- Please remember that an official AES roster is required for this event. Please make sure your roster is current and updated.
Per direction of the OKRVA Board of Directors, all teams participating in Regionals, must have a rostered adult serve as R2 for officiating assignments. Those that will serve that role at Regionals are strongly encouraged to complete the USAV Academy training for Coach Referee. The training is available in USAV Academy, OK22_111 Jr. Coach Referee Only Training. The instructions to register for this training are available on OKRVA.com on the Officiating tab, then “How to Register for a Clinic.” Here is the link to the instructions. Officials working the tournament have been notified of this requirement and will not allow anyone other than a rostered adult to officiate.
OKRVA is again offering a separate club division (non-bid) for most ages. These division give teams who do not want to play for a bid to Girls Junior National Championships an opportunity to play with similar teams. The minimum number of teams is eight to hold a club division. The region reserves the right to move teams from the “Club Division” to the “Bid Division” if there are not enough teams to host a “Club Division.” Please notify the Region Office if you have already registered and would like to move to a different division. The Region Office can make that change.
- A reminder that all teams with waivered players are required to:
- play in the “Club Division”,
- play in the age division of the oldest player on the team, or
- play in the “Bid” division without the waivered player(s).
Tryouts for the OKRVA All Star Championships Teams will be held on Friday, April 29th at the Bennett Center. We are in the process of hiring coaches and will release this information once the coaches are hired. The link for volunteer coaches to register is here.
Feel free to contact the Region Office if you have any questions.